@NIFAHRM ON INSTAGRAM

Sunday 8 April 2012

1 9 9 7

With the re-release of Titanic, it got me thinking 'what was I doing during that time?' Considering I was only 4yrs old I should imagine I was being a nightmare to my mother. Titanic is one of those films that leaves you with emotions and everlasting memories, when you hear that song it  always takes you back to a moment which is why I'm more than excited to go see it again. 

My boyfriend told me a story of his mother, she's the only woman he knows that watched the first hour, fell asleep only to wake up for the final hour and still cry at the end! Just shows how magical Titanic really is. 

I remember watching it for the first time in 2002 with my mum and my older brother, at the time I was in primary school (Elementary School for you American folks) and I can say they were the best times of my life. Where we didn't have to try so hard and relationships/friendships came so easy, I remember I had my first boyfriend (Louis), as I recall he was the cutest and he was only my boyfriend because he played pat-ball together at break and we both loved McDonalds after school.

I thought it might be a cool idea to you back time, revisit 1997.

I love this song, I still do and I'm still crossing my fingers for a reunion.  Even though their idea of girl power (was just a marketing strategy)— kicking up a fuss, being outspoken and dressing however they liked was hypocritical considering they were dress like school children and would make the likes of Susan B. Anthony turn in her grave. I give them props for making the most of their fame. 

(Princess Diana died August 1997)

(Christian Dior Autumn/Winter 1997-8)

(Christian Dior Haute Couture Spring/Summer 1997)

(Gianni Versace died July 1997)


 (Givenchy Fall Haute Couture 1997)

  (Vogue January 1998)

 (Givenchy Fall campaign)


(Gianni Versace Spring/Summer 1997)




 (Vogue US January 1998)


(Alexander McQueen Givenchy Haute Couture, S/S 1997)



I had about three of these things, I guess some people are not pet people, me being one of them. 





Foot Notes

A big trend in the '97 was thick highs and mary jane, not much to say there we saw the chunky heel make a back come in the fall of 2010 of course it was more decorated. 


I got my first high heel when I was 8, it was not so high and it was a chunky heel. I wore them everywhere, I remember my mother telling me I wasn't allowed to wear them to school. 

No comments :

Post a Comment